Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quotes from the Professionals in the Video about Passion


Passion: "I always felt like I owed families my best".
Motivation: What keeps me engaged is that we're not there yet with any of them".
Wisdom:  "You've got to take your ego out of it and think about what's best for the child."
The three quotes above were from Renatta M. Cooper from the video "The Passion for Early Childhood".

Passion: “And as I grew up, it continued to be a teacher because I had a built in passion that it was real important to make a real contribution to the world to fix all the injustices that existed in the world.”  
Motivation: “And so it became my life long work; Early Childhood Education and the passion to make sure all children were taught in environments and in ways that truly nurtured their abilities to grow and to develop in their fullest abilities.”
Wisdom: “And children are learning very early that there are power issues and that there are some identities that give you more social power than others.” 
The three above quotes were from Louise Derman-Sparks from the video "The Passion  Early Childhood". 

 Passion: "We as professional in the early Childhood Field have an opportunity to shape a child's life for the better." 
Motivation: So when I go to these parent meetings and actually see parents learning how to speak to policy makers, learning how to write letters, learning how to tell their story and share their voice; that's what keeps me motivated regardless of the challenges going on."
Wisdom: "And so through that experience seeing how involved my parents were, it made me want to be involved in education in general."
The three above quotes were from Sandy Escobido from the video "The Passion  Early Childhood".

Passion: "I think my passion comes from wanting to make a difference."
Motivation: Everyday that I go to work I look forward to it because I know the services that I am providing for children it's to their benefit." 
Wisdom: "I truly believe that I'm not here to save the world" 
The above three quotes were from Raymond Hernandez from the video "Passion for Early Childhood".

Passion:"When I think about my passion as a person, I also embrace who I am." 
"Who I am as a woman, who I am in terms of being a Latino leader and um, what my family has taught me creates a foundation for my passion."
Motivation: "Parents need support".
Wisdom: "At a very young age, I recognized that families need support."
The above three quotes were from Leticia Lara from the video "Passion for Early Childhood".









No comments:

Post a Comment